Italian Undergraduate Curriculum
For more details on the Option in Italian (and other FFIT degrees) requirements, including a 4-year study plan, please consult the KU course catalog.
Italian Major Prerequisite
Majors must complete courses to gain fourth semester language proficiency (completion of ITAL 240, or equivalent placement). These hours do not contribute to the minimum number of hours required for the major.
- Italian Core Knowledge and Skills
- Italian Literature. Satisfied by one course (3 hours) chosen from the following:
- Required Electives - Satisfied by five courses (15 hours) chosen from the following:
- ITAL 330 - Cinematic Rome
- ITAL 331 - Mafia Movies
- ITAL 336 - Italy and the Italians
- ITAL 340 - Studies in Italian Culture: _____
- ITAL 405 - Italian Literature in Translation: _____
- ITAL 410 - 19th and 20th Century Short Stories
- ITAL 420 - 19th and 20th Century Poetry
- ITAL 440 - Italian Renaissance and Early Modern Literature
- ITAL 450 - Studies in Italian Cinema
- ITAL 465 - 19th and 20th Century Novels I
- ITAL 466 - 19th and 20th Century Novels II
- ITAL 480 - Studies in Italian Literature: _____
- ITAL 502 - Dante's Divine Comedy I
- ITAL 503 - Dante's Divine Comedy II
- ITAL 495 - Directed Readings in Italian
- ITAL 695 - Graduate Directed Readings in Italian
One approved 3-credit course offered by another department or program and with significant content related to Italian culture (300-500 level) may be counted toward the Italian BA Option.