John E. Magerus Conference Travel Scholarship
We are delighted to announce the call of this year’s competition for the John E. Magerus Scholarship
, dedicated to helping graduate students travel to conferences to give papers and share their research.
John Magerus completed his doctorate in French at KU in 1978, and went on to have a d areer as a professor and administrator. He retired as Dean of the College of Liberal Studies at UW-Lacrosse, and Interim Associate Provost at UW-Parkside. John has made a generous d n support of the graduate program in French, with a view to helping young scholars build their careers.
• An abstract, including conference information, and notice of acceptance
• A current CV and DPR
• Documentation that application has been submitted to Oﬃce of Graduate Studies Conference Travel Fund (departmental funding may supplement GS funding)
• A budget proposal
• Status as Ph.D. or M.A. candidate.
• Preference will be given to Ph.D. candidates
• Strength of proposal
• The conference venue (international, national, regional, graduate student or professional conference, in descending order of preference)
• Previous funding
• Student’s academic record and standing in the department
Rolling deadline until funds are depleted. Please submit your application and materials electronically to email@example.com