French 704: More Information (PDF)
- FREN 704 Methods in French Language Instruction
- This course provides an overview of current and historical approaches to foreign language teaching, with reference to the instruction of French. Past and current trends and methodologies of language instruction are examined in order to acquaint students with various classroom approaches. Research findings in second language acquisition are explored and their implications discussed so as to show how these findings lead to more effective classroom practices. LEC.
Fall 2018 Type Time/Place and Instructor Credit Hours Class # LEC Swanson, Kimberly
TuTh 09:30-10:45 AM WES 2066 - LAWRENCE
French 720: More Information (PDF)
- FREN 720 Introduction to Graduate Studies in French
- This course is an introduction to the skills required of students doing graduate degrees in French; areas covered include 1) introduction to literary theory and criticism, 2) bibliography and research methods, including database management software, 3) preparation and presentations of a research/conference paper, 4) technology training, including web design, on-line portfolio, and digital humanities, and 5) professional ethics and awareness of the academic market and alternative careers. LEC.
Fall 2018 Type Time/Place and Instructor Credit Hours Class # LEC Hayes, Bruce
MW 09:30-10:45 AM WES 2066 - LAWRENCE
French 812: More Information (PDF)
- FREN 812 Studies in the French Novel: _____
- Selected topics to be specified. Study of form, movements, or themes in the French Novel, not limited to one century. May be repeated for credit. LEC.
The class is not offered for the Fall 2018 semester.
French 900: More Information (PDF)