Patrizio Ceccagnoli is currently an Assistant Professor of Italian at the University of Kansas, where he has taught since 2014. Previously, he taught Italian at University of Massachusetts Amherst, Fordham University, and Columbia University, where he received his Ph.D. in 2011. Ceccagnoli is the editor of Filippo Tommaso Marinetti’s previously unpublished poem, Il Poema di Fiume, as well as of the first edition of Marinetti’s novel Venezianella e Studentaccio, in collaboration with Paolo Valesio, a project for which Ceccagnoli was nominated for the Marino Moretti Award. He has also translated two books of Milo de Angelis’ poetry in collaboration with Susan Stewart, Theme of Farewell and After-Poems, published together with the University of Chicago Press in 2013. For this translation, Ceccagnoli was nominated for the American Literary Translator’s Association Annual Award in 2014. He is a managing editor of Italian Poetry Review.
PhD, Italian, Columbia University, 2011
MA, Italian, Columbia University, 2006
Certification of Secondary Teaching, (Italian and Classics), Università degli Studi di Perugia - S.I.S.S. (School of Specialization for Secondary Teaching), 2003
Laurea, magna cum laude, Italian and Classics, Università degli Studi di Perugia, Italy, 2001
- Co-Translator (with Susan Stewart). Milo De Angelis. Theme of Farewell and After-Poems. Chicago: University of Chicago Press, 2013.
- Co-Editor (with Paolo Valesio). Filippo Tommaso Marinetti. Venezianella e Studentaccio. Milan: Oscar Mondadori, 2013.
- "'Il Poema di Fiume.' Un inedito marinettiano" (critical edition). L'Ellisse 5 (2010): 209-39.
- "'Necrofilia e prosopopea della materia: La personificazione in Marinetti" (essay). Annali di Italianistica 27 (2009): 309-31.
- Co-Editor (with Paolo Valesio), Canoni assenti. Proceedings of "Absent Canons," A Comparative Conference on Contemporary Italian Poetry, in Semicerchio - Rivista di poesia comparata, 38.1 (2008), with a Preface, pp. 3-4.
- "'Lo sguardo rimasto solo.' Intervista a Milo De Angelis" (interview with a critical introduction). Italian Poetry Review 2 (2008): 461-73. Also published in De Angelis Milo, Colloqui sulla poesia. I. Vincentini, ed. Milano: La Vita Felice, 2008, pp. 101-114.
- "'Capitalismo e narcisismo.' Intervista a Edoardo Sanguineti" (interview). Italian Poetry Review 2 (2008): 474-90.
- With Susan Stewart. "New Poems," translations of Milo De Angelis. Gradiva 37-38 (2010): 160-71.
- With Susan Stewart. From Theme of Farewell, poems of Milo De Angelis. Poetry 3 (2007): 222-23.
- With Susan Stewart. "Contemporary Italian Poetry." TriQuarterly 127 (2007): From Theme of Farewell, poems of Milo De Angelis, pp. 74-83; from Cose, poems of Edoardo Sanguineti, pp. 182-95; from Il cuore del girasole, poems of Paolo Valesio, pp. 204-13.
University of Massachusetts Amherst, Department of Languages, Literatures and Cultures, Visiting Lecturer of Italian, Spring 2011 – Fall 2013
Fordham University, Department of Modern Languages and Literatures, Adjunct Lecturer, Fall 2011.
Columbia University, Department of Italian, Adjunct Professor, Fall 2011.
19th- and 20th-century Italian Literature and Culture
Italian and European Avant-garde of the 20th century
Giacomo Leopardi and Italian Romanticism
Theory and practice of translation
Textual criticism and literary theory.